We are Looking for Agile DevOps and Continuous Delivery Specialist
Positions in Professional Services and Devlopment
OpenMake Software is looking for talented and ambitious people to join our technical team in the role of DevOps and Continuous Delivery Consultants, Sales Engineers and Developers for our Dynamic DevOps Suite of products. The candidates will understand the structure of software builds and releases using different development tools such as Jenkins, Docker, Ansible, Maven, Ant and Make. Your development experience will be appreciated and expanded when you work as a member of our team.
SR. DEVOPS CONSULTANT
This position will utilize your talents in all areas of the development process from application builds to application release. As a DevOps Consultant, you will be responsible for designing and implementing continuous deploy and continuous release practices incorporated into application release automation. Your background working with Jenkins, Maven, Puppet, Chef, Ansible or Docker will be utilized to assist medium to large companies, located through out the US, in the implementation agile development practices and tools. Your background in application life cycle management, version control and build management will be essential in this position. Experience in scripting is extremely helpful (Perl, Python, Ant)
- Develop strategies and plans to achieve new build and release automation procedures.
- Identify Best Practices for implementing DevOps depending on the customers current maturity level.
- Handle complicated technical issues independently, which may be centered on development tools, source code control systems and deployment tools, OS or Network issues, automation tools and build/deploy scripts.
- Deliver project task responsibilities correctly and on-schedule.
- Assist in pre-sales support, post-sales technical support, and product instruction.
- Travel Required
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS in Computer Science or technical field.
- Knowledge of Java, Windows, LINUX and UNIX operating systems and supported development systems.
- Experience using Perl, Python, shell scripts, and system administration.
- Minimum three years experience in a development or operations position.
- Knowledge of the software development cycle.
- Use of Subversion, Git, Puppet, Jenkins or Maven helpful.
- Highly motivated with strong communication, presentation, and technical writing skills required.
- Ability to translate customer needs into technical solutions and recommendations.
Must be able to successfully work with minimal supervision.
Employer paid health care:
- 20 paid days off per year.
- Group dental, vision, long-term disability plans available.
- 401K plan available.
- Location: North America